Lyme disease is one of the most common tick-transmitted diseases throughout the world. Symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs include lameness, swollen joints and fever. However, since other diseases ca ...View Article
THE HOLIDAYS ARE ALMOST HERE!
DON'T FORGET TO SCHEDULE YOUR HOLIDAY BOARDING EARLY. YOU CAN ACCESS OUR BOARDING INFORMATION IN PATIENT CENTER AT THE TOP OF OUR WEBSITE. YOU CAN ALSO PRINT OUT A BOARDING FORM IN ADVANCE. CLICK ON THIS LINK HALF WAY DOWN THE PAGE.
HOLIDAY SAFETY FOR YOUR PETS
The holidays can be a fun filled time for friends, family, and lots of entertaining. We decorate, make specials foods to share with our loved ones, and open our homes whenever possible. We want you to remember this is a stressful and temptation filled time for our pets. Pets can be overwhelmed by all this excitement. The decorations, the foods, and all those people can make our pets stressed and confused. We want you to keep your fur kids safe by following some simple holiday safety rules:
Although tempting, holiday foods are way too greasy and spicy for our pets. These foods including turkey, ham, and other holiday meats and side dishes can cause serious gastric upset. The outcome can include vomiting, diarrhea, and if severe enough can lead to Pancreatitis. Do not feed people food to your pets. Save special treats for them instead. Make sure the table is cleared and garbage cans are secured properly.
- Chocolate is toxic to dogs, especially dark chocolate, so keep the candy dish out of reach. Sweets are for people; so no pies, cookies, or even nuts. It is tempting to want to share with our pets.
- Plastic table décor, plastic ware, lit candles and even paper napkins can be tempting to both dogs and cats. Be sure these items are up and out of reach from your pets. Never leave trees plugged in while you are out. Both cats and dogs love to chew on electrical cords.
- Bones of any kind are a NO NO! Do not feed turkey, ham, or even beef bones to your pets. These can splinter and cause serious damage to the stomach and intestinal tract. Surgery to remove these blockages is expensive and requires a long hospital stay as well.
Make the holidays a safe and joyous time for you and your pets. If your pet begins vomiting suddenly do not delay in bringing them in to the hospital. Early care will insure your pets will enjoy more holidays to come. We recommend keeping your pet away from festivities by kenneling or locking in a quiet room. Cats become easily frightened by loud noises and strange people, so allow them to hide safely in another part of the house. We have several natural nutritional supplements for calming anxious pets. Ask our staff about these products.
WELLNESS & HEALING
Winter brings colder weather and with this colder weather our pets with arthritis suffer pain and stiffness. We have three excellent and safe ways to help your pets suffering from pain and inflammation. Our hospital offers Reiki, Acupuncture, and Laser Light Therapy. Dr. Forster offers these services to all pets and would love to share the amazing results that can be attained by using these drug free therapies.
- Accelerates the healing process from illness, injury or surgery. Provides pain Relief and relaxation to enhance natural healing response.
- Reduces and supports recovery from side effects of conventional cancer therapies.
- Promotes Deep relaxation for pets with anxiety and stress or those with a past history of abuse.
- Comforts and relaxes animals nearing the end of life for a peaceful transition.
- Back Pain (Intervertebral Disc Disease)
- Trauma (Skin, Muscle, Bone)
- Wounds (Trauma)
- Surgery (Incisions, Growth Removals, Bone Surgery)
- Inflammatory Conditions:
- Acute or chronic otitis (Ear problems)
- Anal Gland inflammation
- Periodontitis (Gingivitis) gum disease
- Hot Spots
- Arthritis (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Lick Granulomas
- Idiopathic Cystitis - (Bladder Inflammation)
Acupuncture is best known for its ability to treat mild to moderate pain in the body of a dog. It is also helpful for:
Behavioral Problems Cancer Digestive Tract Disorders Eyes and Ears Heart Disorders Immune Disorders Muscle and Joint Problems Nervous System and Spinal Problems Reproduction Respiratory Disorders and Skin Disorders, as well as, Urinary Tract Problems
BE SURE TO CALL AND SPEAK WITH OUR STAFF IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT ANY OF THE HEALING THERAPIES WE OFFER AT FOUR PAWS VETERINARY HOSPITAL.
In effort of promoting general PET WELLNESS, Four Paws will still be offering a discount to all clients who bring in their pets for wellness exams and related diagnostic testing throughout the WINTER season. Proactive healthcare prolongs the life of an animal, and reduces the risk and costs associated to reactive measures. Please give us a call to schedule your pet's appointment today. Just remember a healthy pet is a happy pet!